Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Return and Deliver My Soul - Psalms 6:4

In Psalms chapter six David wrote, “O LORD, rebuke me not in your anger, neither chasten me in your hot displeasure. Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed. My soul is also sore vexed: but you, O LORD, how long?”, and in chapter six and verse four David wrote, “Return, O LORD, deliver my soul” where we read,

Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for your mercies' sake.

The verse begins with the words, “Return, O LORD, deliver my soul:” David began with the words, “Return, O LORD” which means “turn and come back, O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “deliver my soul” or “equip, rescue, invigorate, arm and brace up my, David's, emotions and passions”. David asked Jehovah to come back to him and rescue his passions and emotions.

The verse continues, “oh save me for your mercies' sake.” David added the words, “oh save me” or “oh rescue, liberate, deliver and give victory to me, David”, “for your mercies' sake” which means “because, since and on account of your, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness”. David asked the LORD to rescue and deliver him because He is faithful, good and kind.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David called upon the LORD God to rescue him from his “vexed soul”. God is good, faithful and kind, and He is willing to give aid to everyone who yields to His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”. We have the blessed opportunity to go before the LORD God with our requests even as the Hebrew writer declared, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (See Hebrews 4:16) God loves us, and we can praise Him for sending His Son Jesus to die on the cross to pay the price for our sins. When we do, we will receive everlasting life and gain access to God to ask Him to save us when our souls are troubled and anxious.

Next time David says, “in death there is no remembrance of you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment