Monday, June 26, 2023

Hear My Voice in the Morning - Psalms 5:3

In Psalms chapter five David wrote, “Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto you will I pray”, and in chapter five and verse three of Psalms David wrote, “My voice shall you hear in the morning, O LORD” where we read,

My voice shall you hear in the morning, O LORD;

in the morning will I direct my prayer unto you, and will look up.

The verse begins, “My voice shall you hear in the morning, O LORD;” David began with the words, “My voice” which means “David's sound, noise and proclamation” “shall you hear in the morning” or “will you, David's King and God, listen to, understand and give heed to at dawn or at the beginning of the day”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David declared that God would listen to the words he speaks at dawn or at the beginning of a new day.

The verse goes on to say, “in the morning will I direct my prayer unto you, and will look up.” David continued with the words, “in the morning” or “at dawn or at the beginning of the day” “will I direct my prayer unto you” which means “shall I, David, put, lay, arrange and ordain my oration, supplication and requests toward God”, “and will look up” or “and will keep watch, observe and espy in an upward fashion”. David purposed to bring his worship and requests toward God at the beginning of the day, and he would fix his gaze upon the sky for God to receive and answer them.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David purposed to “pray” at the beginning of the day. David understood the importance not only of praying at the day's beginning, but also to whom to direct his prayers. God loves people and wants to hear from them. When they receive His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life, and everyone is invited to have a relationship with God. When we come to Him, we can do no better than to begin our mornings with “prayer”.

Next time David says, “you are not a God that has pleasure in wickedness”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment