Wednesday, June 21, 2023

You are My Begotten Son - Psalms 2:7

King David wrote in the Messianic Psalm when the heathen say, “Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion”, and in chapter two and verse seven of the book of Psalms David shared how Jehovah God said, “You are my Son; this day have I begotten you” where we read,

I will declare the decree: the LORD has said unto me, You are my Son; this day have I begotten you.

The verse begins, “I will declare the decree: the LORD has said unto me, You are my Son;”. David began with the words, “I will declare” or “I, the royal king and Messiah, will take account of, reckon, count and number” “the decree” which means “the statute, ordinance, limit and prescribed task and portion”: “the LORD has said unto me” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the name of the one true God uttered, declared and proclaimed to me, His royal king and Messiah”, “You are my Son” which means “You, royal prince and ruler, exist as my, Jehovah God's male offspring and progeny”. David shared how Jehovah God said to the “ruler and Messiah Jesus” that He was the Son of the Father Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “this day have I begotten you.” David added the words “this day” or “this particular sunrise to sunset” “have I begotten you” which means “have I, brought forth, engendered, begot and birthed you, royal prince”. David wrote how the LORD told him how he would “beget and engender” the “royal prince” established by Jehovah God Himself.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how Jehovah God chose David to engender His only begotten Son. Jesus asked, “How then does David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit you on my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool?” (See Matthew 22:23-24), and He asked, “If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?” (See Matthew 22:25). Jesus Christ was “begotten” or within the relationship of the same essential nature and being of God who was to be born through the lineage of King David. This was God's promise as described by David of this event. The “Son of God's” engendering would lead to Jesus dying on the cross for the sins of the whole world, and He was raised from the grave three days later. God loves people, and their sins kept them separated from a personal relationship with Him. Those who yield to Jehovah God's “royal prince” Jesus who was engendered by Him through King David will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life. Let all who read these words marvel and submit to Jehovah God's Messiah Jesus who is the “Savior and Lord” of the world.

Next time David writes how God says, “Ask of me, and I shall give you the heathen for your inheritance”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment