Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Have Mercy for I am Weak - Psalms 6:2

In Psalms chapter six David wrote, “O LORD, rebuke me not in your anger, neither chasten me in your hot displeasure”, and in chapter six and verse two David wrote, “Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak” where we read,

Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

The verse begins with the words, “Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak:” David began with the words, “Have mercy upon me” which means “be gracious, show favor and pity me, David”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”; “for I am weak” which means “because, since and on account that I, David, exist as feeble”. David called out to the LORD for His grace, favor and pity because he considered himself “feeble, infirm and sickly”.

The verse continues, “O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.” David added the words, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “heal me” which means “make healthy, cure and mend me, David”; “for my bones” or “because, since and on account that my, David's, body limbs, members and external parts of the body” “are vexed” which means “exist as disturbed, dismayed, terrified”. David appealed to the LORD God to cure him because his physical bones were disturbed and dismayed within him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David entreated the LORD God when he was in a difficult situation. David revealed what he did when he believed himself to be in a position of judgment before God. David did not want God to judge him in “anger”, and he wanted God to consider his “weakness” before He pronounce a sentence upon him. God loves people, and His desire is to save and redeem them rather than judge them in His “anger”, and although He will reserve His wrath for those who refuse and reject Him as their “Savior and Lord”, He has no passion to do so. We learn what to do when we have failures before God, and as we recover, let us give praise and honor to Him who initiated this Psalm through David and desires to bless us rather than curse.

Next time David says, “My soul is also sore vexed”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment