Monday, June 26, 2023

Hearken to My Cry - Psalms 5:2

King David began the fifth chapter of Psalms with the words, “Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation”, and chapter five and verse two of Psalms David wrote, “Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God” where we read,

Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto you will I pray.

The verse begins, “Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God:” David began with the words, “Hearken unto the voice” which means “hear, attend to and listen to the sound, noise and proclamation” “of my cry” or “pertaining to my, David's, halloo or outcry”, “my King” which means “David's, royal ruler, “and my God” or “and David's Divine and One True God”. David shared how he beckoned his “King and God” to be attentive to his vociferation or outcry.

The verse continues, “for unto you will I pray.” David added the words, “for unto you” which means “because, since and on account that to you, David's King and God” “will I pray” or “would David intercede, intreat and make supplication”. David wrote how he would make his supplication toward his “King and God”.

When we consider the words in this verse, we notice how David makes his appeal to God to listen to him speak. He understood God's role as ruler and supreme deity within his life, and he could “pray” to Him because of who He was and what He could do. God desires an intimate relationship with us, and we gain access to that relationship when we submit ourselves to His Son Jesus to be our “Savior and Lord”. God will forgive the sins of those who put their faith in His Son Jesus, and when they have needs to share with Him, He will listen to their outcries. God loves people, and He wants all people to be saved through believing in His Son Jesus, and those who are wise come to Him and ask Him to hear their prayer of faith, repentance and surrender to Him.

Next time David says, “My voice shall you hear in the morning, O LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment