Saturday, June 24, 2023

Salvation Belongs to the LORD - Psalms 3:8

Psalms chapter three begins with the heading, “[[A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.]], and David wrote, “LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But you, O LORD, are a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of my head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for you have smitten all my enemies upon the cheek bone; you have broken the teeth of the ungodly”, and in chapter three and verse eight of the book of Psalms David declared, “Salvation belongs unto the LORD” where we read,

Salvation belongs unto the LORD: your blessing is upon your people. Selah.

The verse begins, “Salvation belongs unto the LORD:” David began with the word, “Salvation” or “deliverance, welfare and prosperity” “belongs unto the LORD” which means “is owned, held and possessed by Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David shared how “deliverance and prosperity” is held and possessed by Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “your blessing is upon your people. Selah.” David added the words, “your blessing” or “Jehovah God's gift, present and treaty of peace” “is upon your people” which means “exists with the kinsman, nation, compatriots and country-men of Jehovah God”. “Selah” or “lift up and exult or pause and think about it”. David wrote how Jehovah God's “gift and treaty of peace” was upon His nation and country-men, and when we read or hear these words we should pause and meditate upon them.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn from where the true sense of peace comes. Jehovah God was David's resource when his son Absalom and those with him took over his kingdom. David appealed to the LORD and found Him to be the source of deliverance and salvation. When we are confronted with opposition and troubles from circumstances and people, we have David's example before us. God loves people, and He desires a personal relationship with them through His Son Jesus. Those who yield to Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with God, and when we have submitted, we are to give Him praise and honor for being the source of our peace even when the situation that surrounds us is difficult.

Next time we begin a new chapter see David cry out, “Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment