Wednesday, August 17, 2022

I Have Many Things to Say and Judge of You - John 8:26

John the apostle wrote how Jesus told the scribes and Pharisees,I go my way, and you shall seek me, and shall die in your sins. Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he said, Where I go, you cannot come. And he said unto them, You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins. Then said they unto him, Who are you? And Jesus said unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning, and in chapter eight and verse twenty-six of his book John shared how Jesus told the scribes and Pharisees,I have many things to say and judge of you where we read:

I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true;

and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

The verse reads,I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true;” John began with the words, “I have many things to say” which means “I, Jesus, hold, own and possess a large and massive number of words to utter, declare and proclaim” “and to judge of you” or “and to determine, esteem, resolve, decree and pronounce an opinion concerning right and wrong”: “but he that sent me” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover the One, God the Father, who dispatched and assigned me, Jesus” “is true” or “is truthful”. John shared how Jesus told the Jewish people and the religious leaders that He had a lot more words and ideas to proclaim and to “pronounce an opinion concerning right and wrong” about them because God the Father assigned Him to the task and is “truthful”.

The verse goes on to say, and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.” John continued with the words, “and I speak” which means “and I, Jesus, utter, declare and proclaim” “to the world” or “to the earth and it's inhabitants” “those things which I have heard of him” which means “the words and ideas that I, Jesus, have been endowed with the faculty of hearing, perceiving and understanding pertaining to God the Father”. John shared how Jesus told the Jewish people and the religious leaders that He “spoke” to the inhabitants of the earth according to what He “heard” God the Father share with Him.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn that Jesus desired to “share” more words, ideas and opinions with the Jewish people and the religious leaders, however, He would only share the “truthful” words He “perceived” from His Father God. In other words, Jesus has much to say to the people but limited Himself. God desires to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when they yield their lives to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive their sins, speak continually to their hearts and grant them everlasting life. Let all who read these words submit to Jesus who has many things to say and judge which He has “heard” from His Father God.

Next time John shares how the scribes and Pharisees, understood not that he spoke to them of the Father, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment