Wednesday, August 17, 2022

When You Shall Know Jesus - John 8:28

John the apostle wrote how Jesus told the Jewish people and the scribes and Pharisees,I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. They understood not that he spoke to them of the Father, and in chapter eight and verse twenty-eight of his book John shares how Jesus told the scribes and Pharisees,when you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know that I am he where we read:

Then said Jesus unto them, When you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father has taught me, I speak these things.

The verse reads,Then said Jesus unto them, When you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know that I am he, ...” John began with the words, “then said Jesus unto them” which means “at that time uttered, declared and proclaimed the Son of God, the Savior of mankind and God incarnate whose name means Jehovah is Salvation to the Jewish people and religious leaders”, “when you have lifted up” or “at the time and moment you, Jewish people and religious leaders, have raised, exalted and raised to dignity, honor and happiness” “the Son of man” which means “God's Son Jesus”, “then shall you know” or “at that time will you, Jewish people and religious leaders understand, perceive, notice, discover and discern” “that I am he” which means “that I, Jesus, am the Messiah, Christ and Son of God”. John shared how Jesus told the Jewish people and the religious leaders they would be aware of who He was after He was “raised up” and “exalted” among them.

The verse goes on to say, “... and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father has taught me, I speak these things.” John continued with the words, “and that I do nothing of myself” which means “and that I, Jesus, perform, produce and make ready not one thing by His own self”; “but as my Father” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover even and indeed like my, Jesus', Father God” “has taught me” which means “held discourse, gave instruction and imparted instruction to me, Jesus”, “I speak these things” or “I, Jesus, utter, declare and proclaim my words and ideas”. John shared how Jesus “performed and produced” not one them by Himself but was subject to the “teachings” of His Father God which He “spoke”.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how there would be a time when the “Jewish people and religious leaders” would “know” Jesus is indeed the “Savior and Lord” of the world. Jesus received His instruction from God the Father, and He declared whatever God shared. God loves people, and His desire is to have a personal relationship with every person, and when they yield their life to Him, they have submitted themselves to God Almighty and His plan, purpose and words of “salvation”. God wants to forgive sins, and when Jesus died for the sins of the world, He provided God's way to have errors and wrongs forgiven. Those who are wise will hear the words of Jesus who set forth the ideas of God.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells the scribes and Pharisees, he that sent me is with me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment