Wednesday, August 17, 2022

The Father Was With Jesus - John 8:29

John the apostle wrote how Jesus told the scribes and Pharisees,When you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father has taught me, I speak these things, and in chapter eight and verse twenty-nine of his book John shares how Jesus told the scribes and Pharisees,he that sent me is with me where we read:

And he that sent me is with me: the Father has not left me alone;

for I do always those things that please him.

The verse reads,And he that sent me is with me: the Father has not left me alone;” John began with the words, “then he that sent me” which means “and he, God the Father, who dispatched and assigned me, Jesus” “is with me” or “exists among and alongside me, Jesus”: “the Father” which refers to “the Father God” “has not left me alone” or “has not sent forth, disregarded, neglected or omitted Jesus by His own self”. John shared how Jesus shared with the “Jewish people and religious leaders” how “God the Father was “with” Him and did not leave Him “alone”.

The verse continues, for I do always those things that please him.” John added the words, “for I do always those things” which means “because, since and on account that I, Jesus, perform, produce and make ready at all times the things” “that please him” or “that concur and agree with God the Father”. John shared how Jesus said everything He did “agreed with and was pleasing” to His Father God.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus was never “alone” when He performed His works among the people. God the Father was “always” with Him, and He “always” performed that which His Father gave Him to do. God loves people, and His desire is for them to have His best for their lives. Anyone who humbles themselves before Him and ask Him to forgive their sins will be forgiven and receive everlasting life with God. There is no better way to perform in the world than to do things as the Father instructs, and those who are wise will yield their lives to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”.

Next time John shares concerning Jesus, “as he spoke these words, many believed on him”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment