Sunday, August 14, 2022

Jesus' Record is True - John 8:14

The apostle John wrote, “Then spoke Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. The Pharisees therefore said unto him, You bear record of yourself; your record is not true, and in chapter eight and verse fourteen John shared how Jesus told the Pharisees,though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true where we read:

Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know from where I came, and where I go; but you cannot tell where I come from, and where I go.

The verse reads,Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true:” John began with the words, “Jesus answered and said unto them” which means “the Son of God, the Savior of mankind and God incarnate whose name means Jehovah is Salvation responded and began to speak and uttered, declared and proclaimed to the Pharisees” “though I bear record of myself” or “even if I, Jesus, give testimony and good report concerning my own self”, “yet my record is true” which means “still my, Jesus' own, testimony and good report is truthful”. John shared how Jesus responded to the Pharisees by telling them even though He testified about Himself, His “good report and record” was truthful.

The verse goes on to say, for I know from where I came, and where I go; but you cannot tell where I come from, and where I go.” John continued with the words, “for I know from where I came” which means “because, since and on account that I, Jesus, perceive, understand, discover and discern the place and location from which I, Jesus, arose and appeared”, “and where I go” or “and the place and location I, Jesus, depart, leave and get away”; “but you cannot tell” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover you, Pharisees, are unable and incapable to perceive, notice, discern and discover” “where I come from” or “the place and location I, Jesus, arise, appear and come forth”, “and where I go” which means “and the place and location that I, Jesus, depart and leave”. John shared how Jesus told the “Pharisees” that He knew His place of origin and the location to which He was going, however, He would not “tell” the “religious leaders” of either place.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus knew where He was from and where He was going, but He was not going to allow the “Pharisees” to have that knowledge. Jesus knew who He was. He knew who sent Him, and His Father God was purposed to provide salvation to mankind through Him. God loves everybody, and He wants them to believe and trust in His Son Jesus. Those who do will be forgiven of their sins and be granted everlasting life in Heaven. Jesus knows “from where He comes” and His destination, and those who are wise will yield their life to Him as their eternal and personal “Savior and Lord”.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells the Pharisees, you judge after the flesh; I judge no man, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment