Tuesday, August 16, 2022

You Shall Die in Your Sins - John 8:21

John the apostle wrote how Jesus told the Pharisees, “You neither know me, nor my Father: if you had known me, you should have known my Father also. These words spoke Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come, and in chapter eight and verse twenty-one of his book John shared how Jesus said,I go my way, and you shall seek me, and shall die in your sins where we read:

Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and you shall seek me, and shall die in your sins:

where I go, you cannot come.

The verse reads,Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and you shall seek me, and shall die in your sins:” John began with the words, “then said Jesus again unto them” which means “at that time uttered, declared and proclaimed the Son of God, the Savior of mankind and God incarnate whose name means Jehovah is Salvation another time to the Pharisees”, “I go my way” or “I, Jesus, withdraw, leave, depart and go away”, “and you shall seek me” which means “and you, Pharisees, will look, search for, desire and crave to find Jesus”, “and shall die” or “and will perish, be slain and be dead” “in your sins” which means “within your, Pharisees, errors, mistakes, missing of the marks and trespasses”. John shared how Jesus told the “Pharisees” that He would leave them, but they would “perish” in their errors and wrongs.

The verse continues, where I go, you cannot come.” John added the words, “where I go” which means “the place and location that I, Jesus, leave, depart and go forth to”, “you cannot come” or “you, Pharisees, are unable, incapable and without ability to arise and appear”. John shared how Jesus told the “Pharisees” He was “departing” to a place where they would be unable to appear.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus told the “religious leaders” known as “Pharisees” that He was leaving to a place where they would be looking for Him, but would be unable to “find” Him. He told them they would “die” in their “sins” which would disallow them from entering where He would be. God's desire is to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when they believe and trust in Him, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life with Him in Heaven. If a person “dies in their sins”, they will have rejected Jesus, and will not be allowed access to Heaven with God. The time for receiving Jesus is now, and those who are wise will carefully consider His words and yield their life to Him.

Next time John shares how the Jews ask, will he kill himself?, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment