Monday, August 22, 2022

Jesus Knew His Father God - John 8:55

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told the Jewish people who were questioning Him,Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that you have a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and you say, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. Are you greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: who do you make yourself? Jesus answered, If I honor myself, my honor is nothing: it is my Father that honors me; of whom you say, that he is your God, and in chapter eight and verse fifty-five of his book John shared how Jesus told the religious leaders, “you have not known him; but I know him” where we read:

Yet you have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not,

I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

The verse reads, “Yet you have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, ... John began with Jesus' words “yet you have not known him” which means “also, even and indeed you, Jewish people, have not learned, gained knowledge of, perceived or understood God the Heavenly Father”, “but I know him” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover I, Jesus, have learned, gained knowledge of, perceived and understood God the Heavenly Father”: “and if I should say” or “and whether I, Jesus, would utter, declare and proclaim that”, “I know him not” which means “I, Jesus, have not learned, gained knowledge of, perceived or understood God the Heavenly Father” the following would be true. John shared how Jesus told the “Jewish people” who were confronting Him they did not “know” His “Heavenly Father God”, but He knew Him, and “if” He were to declare that He did not “know” His Heavenly Father, He would exist as the following statement.

The verse goes on to say, “... I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. John continued with Jesus' words, “I shall be a liar” which means “I, Jesus, will exist as a false and faithless man” “like unto you” or “similar to and in likeness to you, Jewish people”: “but I know him” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover I, Jesus, have learned, gained knowledge of, perceived and understood the Heavenly Father God”, “and keep his saying” or “and observe, attend to carefully, take care of and reserve the Heavenly Father God's uttering, declaration and proclamation”. John shared how Jesus told the “Jewish people” who were confronting Him that He would be “false and faithless” like them if He declared He did not “know God”, however, He did know His Heavenly Father God, and He “observed, attended to carefully and took care of” His words.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus responded to the statement made by the Jewish people concerning Him being “greater” than their “Father Abraham” and the “prophets” who were already “dead”. Jesus referred to His “knowledge” of His Heavenly Father God, and that He would keep true to God and His word. He told them He would be a “false and faithless man” like them if He were to deny “knowing” His Father God. Jesus was sent by God to be the “Savior and Lord” of the world, and every person who yields their life to Him will be forgiven of their sins and receive “everlasting life” with God. Those who believe these words will be “saved”, but those who refuse them will be confronted by the very Lord and Heavenly Father God they rejected.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells the religious leaders, “your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment