Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Jesus is the Light of the World - John 9:5

The apostle John wrote,as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither has this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night comes, when no man can work, and in chapter nine and verse five of his book John shared how Jesus said, “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world” where we read:

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

The verse reads, “As long as I am in the world, ... John began with the words, “As long as I am” which means “during the time I, Jesus, exist” “in the world” or “within the circle of the earth” the following happens. John shared how Jesus told His disciples during the time He was present in the world, the following would occur.

The verse continues, “... I am the light of the world. John added the words, “I am the light” which means “I, Jesus, exist as the brightness, torch, lamp and luminousness” “of the world” or belonging to the circle of the earth. John shared how Jesus told His disciples that He was the “brightness and lamp” that belonged to the earth.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn that Jesus is the “illumination” to the “earth”. His very presence brings “brightness and power of understanding especially toward moral and spiritual truth”. Jesus came to “light” the pathway to a relationship with God, and when a person believes and trusts in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life. Those who are wise will see the “brightness and illumination” in God's Son Jesus who came to be the “light” of the world.

Next time John shares how Jesus, “spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment