Sunday, August 14, 2022

You Judge After the Flesh - John 8:15

The apostle John wrote, “Then spoke Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. The Pharisees therefore said unto him, You bear record of yourself; your record is not true. Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know from where I came, and where I go; but you cannot tell where I come from, and where I go, and in chapter eight and verse fifteen John shared how Jesus told the Pharisees,you judge after the flesh where we read:

You judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

The verse reads,You judge after the flesh;” John began with the words, “You judge” which means “you, Pharisees, determine, resolve, decree and pronounce an opinion concerning right and wrong” “after the flesh” or “down from, through out, according to and toward the sensuous nature of man with cravings which incite to sin”. John shared how Jesus told the “Pharisees” how they “made decrees and pronouncements” against others according to the “flesh” nature which is prone to “sin”.

The verse continues, I judge no man.” John added the words, “I judge” which means “I, Jesus, determine, resolve, decree and pronounce an opinion concerning right and wrong toward” “no man” or “no person whether male or female”. John shared how Jesus told the “Pharisees” that He did not “pronounce an opinion concerning right or wrong” about any person.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus said the “Pharisees” were constantly “judging” people, but He was not. Jesus came to “save” people from the penalty for sins, and when they submit their lives to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life. Let everyone who reads these words know Jesus will one day be their “judge”, but for now He desires to be their “Savior” who is willing to forgive.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells the Pharisees, yet if I judge, my judgment is true, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment