Monday, August 15, 2022

Not Knowing Jesus nor the Father - John 8:19

John the apostle wrote how Jesus said, “It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me bears witness of me, and in chapter eight and verse nineteen of his book John shared how Jesus said, “you neither know me, nor my Father” where we read:

Then said they unto him, Where is your Father? Jesus answered, You neither know me, nor my Father:

if you had known me, you should have known my Father also.

The verse reads,Then said they unto him, Where is your Father? Jesus answered, You neither know me, nor my Father:” John began with the words, “then said they unto him” which means “at that time the Pharisees uttered, declared, proclaimed and asked Jesus”, “where is your Father” or “in what place or location exists your, Jesus', Father”? “Jesus answered” which means “the Son of God, the Savior of mankind and God incarnate whose name means Jehovah is Salvation responded and began to speak”, “you neither know me” or “you, Pharisees, no and not even in any way understand, perceive, notice, discern or discover me, Jesus”, “nor my Father” which means “no and not in any way my, Jesus', Father”. John shared how the “Pharisees” questioned Jesus as to “where” His “Father” was located, and Jesus told them they did not even “know” Him nor His “Father”.

The verse continues, if you had known me, you should have known my Father also.” John added the words, “if you had known me” which means “because, since and on account that whether you, Pharisees, perceived, understood, noticed, discovered and discerned me, Jesus”, “you should have known my Father also” or “you, Pharisees, would have perceived, understood, noticed, discerned and discovered my, Jesus', Father God, even so and indeed”. John shared how Jesus told the “Pharisees” “if” they had “perceived” who He was, they would have also “perceived” His Father as well.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how the “Pharisees” were persistent in their questioning of Jesus. Because they did not “perceive” who Jesus was, “the Christ and Son of God, they also missed “perceiving” God the Father. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to be the “Christ and Savior” of every person who believes and trusts in Him. Jesus was “God” who came in the flesh not only to identify with mankind, but also to live a “sinless” life to be the pure sacrifice offered for the sins of the world. Everyone who humbles themselves before Jesus and asks Him to be their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and live eternally with God. Those who are wise will know Jesus and God the Father are One and worked together so mankind might be saved.

Next time John shares how, Jesus' hour was not yet come, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment