Monday, August 22, 2022

Keep Jesus' Saying and Never See Death - John 8:51

The apostle John wrote how Jesus asked the Jewish people who were questioning Him,Which of you convinces me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do you not believe me? He that is of God hears God's words: you therefore hear them not, because you are not of God. Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that you are a Samaritan, and have a devil? Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honor my Father, and you do dishonor me. And I seek not my own glory: there is one that seeks and judges, and in chapter eight and verse fifty-one of his book John shared how Jesus told the religious leaders, “If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death” where we read:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

The verse reads, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, ... John began with Jesus' words, “Verily, verily” which means “truly, truly or surely surely”, “I say unto you” or “I, Jesus, utter, declare and proclaim to you, Jewish people” the following words. John shared how Jesus began to certifiably state the following words to the Jewish people who were questioning Him.

The verse goes on to say, “... if a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. John continued with the words, “if a man keep my saying” which means “whether a male or female person observes, reserves, attends to carefully and takes care of my, Jesus', uttering, declarations and proclamations”, “he shall never see death” or “that person whether male or female will not in any way behold, perceive or look upon the misery of the soul arising from sin which begins on earth but lasts and increases after the death of the body in hell”. John shared how Jesus said “if” a person will “observe and attend to” His “declarations and words”, they will never know “eternal death” which is separation from God.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn the importance of the words of Jesus. Jesus' words have within them the path for “everlasting life” with God. There will be a physical death for every person, but the “spiritual death” which includes “eternal” separation from God may be avoided by believing and trusting in Jesus as a personal “Savior and Lord”. God desires to “save” every person, and those who are wise will listen to His Son Jesus' words, “keep” them and gain the promise of never seeing the “death” which is eternal.

Next time John shares how the religious leaders tell Jesus, “Now we know that you have a devil”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment