Sunday, April 14, 2024

When My Foot Slipped - Psalms 94:18

In Psalms ninety-four the Psalmist said, “Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence” and in chapter ninety-four and verse eighteen of Psalms the Psalmist said, “ when I said, my foot slipped” where we read,

When I said, My foot slipped; your mercy, O LORD, held me up.

The verse begins, When I said, My foot slipped; The Psalmist began with the words, “when I said” or “at the time and moment I, the Psalmist, uttered, declared and proclaimed”, “my foot slipped” which means “my, the Psalmist's, physical foot or step tottered, shook, moved, dislodged and was overthrown”. The Psalmist referred to the time and moment that proclaimed his “physical foot or step shook and tottered”.

The verse continues,your mercy, O LORD, held me up. The Psalmist added the words, “your mercy” or “your, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “held me up” or “supported, sustained, stayed, established, strengthened and comforted me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God's goodness, kindness and faithfulness supported, sustained and comforted him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist was nearly tripped up by the fact that he realized without Jehovah God's help his soul would have continued in silence. God's goodness and faithfulness were important in the Psalmist's life, and when we realize God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for our sins, we should see the importance of God's “mercy” as well. God loves us, and He wants us to live with Him forever. When we believe and trust in Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to realize how He sustains, strengthens and comforts us by the power of His Holy Spirit and His “mercy”.

Next time the Psalmist shared about, “the multitude of my thoughts”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment