Sunday, April 28, 2024

Behaving Wisely - Psalms 101:2

In Psalms one hundred and one David said, “I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto you, O LORD, will I sing”, and in chapter one hundred one and verse two of Psalms David said, “I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way” where we read,

I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when will you come unto me?

I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

The verse begins, I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when will you come unto me? The Psalmist began with the words, “I will behave myself wisely” or “I, David, shall my own self have insight and success prudently, circumspectly, wisely, with understanding and prosperity” “in a perfect way” which means “within a complete, whole, entire and sound manner, road, path and journey”. “O when will you come” or “O at what time and moment shall you, Jehovah God, enter and be enumerated” “unto me” which means “toward me, David”? David said he would act in a prudent and circumspect manner, and he wondered at what time Jehovah God would enter in and be enumerated with him.

The verse goes on to say,I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. The Psalmist continued with the words, “I will walk” or “I, David, shall make my way and amble about” “within my house” which means “inside my, David's, dwelling, abode and habitation” “with a perfect heart” or “by the use of a complete, whole, entire, wholesome, unimpaired, innocent and truthful inner man, soul, mind, will, desire, living being and seat of affections and emotions”. David said he would conduct himself with a completely wholesome soul, mind and will inside his own dwelling place and abode.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David conducted his life in a complete and whole manner. He wanted Jehovah God to “come” to him, and he said he would not only would make his way truthful in a public manner, but also within his own dwelling. God sees us everywhere, and He knows everything about us. He knows we sin against Him, and we do not live in a perfect manner at all times. This is why He sent His Son Jesus into the world. Jesus died on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us His Holy Spirit to help us walk and live in a manner that is pleasing to Him.

Next time David says, “I will set no wicked thing before my eyes”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment