Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The Multitude of My Thoughts - Psalms 94:19

In Psalms ninety-four the Psalmist said, “When I said, My foot slipped; your mercy, O LORD, held me up” and in chapter ninety-four and verse nineteen of Psalms the Psalmist shared about, “the multitude of my thoughts” where we read,

In the multitude of my thoughts within me your comforts delight my soul.

The verse begins, In the multitude of my thoughts within me ... The Psalmist began with the words, “in the multitude” or “in the abundance, greatness and numerous amount” “of my thoughts” which means “of my, the Psalmist's, disquieting and cogitation” “within me” or “inside, the inner part and midst of me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist considered the numerous amount of cogitations that were in his mind.

The verse goes on to say,... your comforts delight my soul. The Psalmist continued with the words, “your comforts” or “your, Jehovah God's, consolation, compassion and solace” “delight my soul” which means “stroke, smear over and please my, the Psalmist's, inner man, mind, heart, desires, living being and seat of emotions and appetites”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God's consolation and compassion pleased his inner man, mind and heart.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist benefitted greatly from having numerous thoughts about the compassion and solace of Jehovah God. God loves people, and when we turn our thoughts to how much He cares for us, we too shall “delight” within our “souls” over His compassion. God demonstrated His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ Jesus His Son died for us. (See Romans 5:8) Jesus came into the world to die on the cross for our sins, and when we yield ourselves to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and fill our abundant thoughts about Him with great joy and pleasure.

Next time the Psalmist asks, “Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with you?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment