Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The LORD is My Defense - Psalms 94:22

In Psalms ninety-four the Psalmist asked, “Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with you, which frames mischief by a law? They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood” and in chapter ninety-four and verse twenty-two of Psalms the Psalmist said, “the LORD is my defense” where we read,

But the LORD is my defense; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

The verse begins, But the LORD is my defense; The Psalmist began with the words, “but the LORD” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “is my defense” which means “exists as my, the Psalmist's, high place, refuge, secure height, retreat and stronghold”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God existed as his refuge, retreat and stronghold.

The verse continues,and my God is the rock of my refuge. The Psalmist added the words, “and my God” or “and my, the Psalmist's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “is the rock” which means “exists as the stone, boulder and strong foundation” “of my refuge” or “pertaining to my, the Psalmist's, shelter from danger, falsehood and truth”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God exists as the Divine judge and Supreme God belonging to his shelter from danger and truth.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist proclaimed Jehovah God to be his protection, stronghold and retreat. He said the Divine judge and Supreme God existed as his strong foundation and his shelter from danger and falsehood. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no man comes to the Father but by me” (See John 14:6), and He desires to be our “Savior and Lord”. He gave His life on the cross for our sins, and when we believe and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and exist as our “defense” and “refuge” for all our days on earth and forever in Heaven to come.

Next time the Psalmist says, “he shall bring upon them their own iniquity”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment