Sunday, April 28, 2024

No Wicked Thing Before My Eyes - Psalms 101:3

In Psalms one hundred and one David said, “I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto you, O LORD, will I sing. I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when will you come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart”, and in chapter one hundred one and verse three of Psalms David said, “I will set no wicked thing before my eyes” where we read,

I will set no wicked thing before my eyes:

I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

The verse begins, I will set no wicked thing before my eyes: The Psalmist began with the words, “I will set” or “I, David, shall put, station, appoint, fix and constitute” “no wicked thing” which means “not one single worthless, good for nothing, unprofitable, ruinous, evil and ungodly act or deed” “before my eyes” or “in front of and in the sight and presence of my, David's, physical eyes and mental and spiritual faculties”. David said he would not allow anything evil, worthless and good for nothing to be in his sight and view.

The verse continues,I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. The Psalmist added the words, “I hate” or “I, David, am odious to and detest” “the work of them” which means “the acts, effects, produce and advance belonging to them, the people who are as follows” “that turn aside” or “who swerve, fall away, detrude and become derelict”; “it shall not cleave to me” which means “it, the work of them that turn aside, will in no way or manner stick, stay close, follow closely to and overtake me, David”. David said he loathed the labor of people who swerve and become derelict in their acts and deeds, and their wicked acts and deeds would in no way stick to and stay close to him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David determined to set himself apart from viewing wicked and evil things. David determined to live in a righteous manner before God, and rather than be affected by the unprofitable deeds of ungodly people, David would not allow their ways to overtake him. God wants to separate us from wickedness and sin, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender to Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and keep us from viewing and allowing the wicked deeds of the unrighteous to cling to us.

Next time David says, “a froward heart shall depart from me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment