Friday, April 19, 2024

Not Entering into God's Rest - Psalms 95:11

In Psalms ninety-five the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said, “Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness. When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways”, and in chapter ninety-five and verse eleven of Psalms the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said, “unto whom I swear … they should not enter into my rest” where we read,

Unto whom I swore in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

The verse begins, Unto whom I swore in my wrath ... The Psalmist began with the words, “unto whom I swore” or “to whom, the people of Israel who wandered in the wilderness, I, Jehovah God, adjured, charged and took an oath” “in my wrath” which means “with ire and anger that wrinkles the nostrils, nose, countenance or face”. The Psalmist referred to how Jehovah God made an oath while He was angry at the people of Israel wandering in the wilderness.

The verse continues,... that they should not enter into my rest. The Psalmist added the words, “that they should not” or “so they, the people of Israel who wandered in the wilderness, would in no way or manner” “enter into my rest” which means “come into, attain and be enumerated in my, Jehovah God's, quietness, comfortable and peaceful abode”. The Psalmist continued to share Jehovah God's words to the people of Israel who wandered in the wilderness that they would in no way come into His peaceful and comfortable dwelling place.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist shared Jehovah God's oath to the people of Israel who wandered through the wilderness was made in His anger, and He said they would in no way come into His place of quietness and peace. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to provide “peace on earth, goodwill toward men” (See Luke 2:14), and this was obtained through Jesus' death on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and receive “peace” with God and the “peace” of God in our lives. Let us never resist the salvation of Jehovah God and “enter into” His “rest” by surrendering our lives to Him.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see the Psalmist say, O sing unto the LORD a new song, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment