Wednesday, April 10, 2024

My Eyes Shall See My Desire on My Enemies - Psalms 92:11

In Psalms ninety-two the Psalmist said, “for, lo, your enemies, O LORD, for, lo, your enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered. But my horn shall you exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil”, and in chapter ninety-two and verse eleven the Psalmist says, “My eye also shall see my desire on my enemies” where we read,

My eye also shall see my desire on my enemies,

and my ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.

The verse begins, My eye also shall see my desire on my enemies, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “my eye” or “my, the Psalmist's, physical eye, countenance and knowledge” “also shall see my desire” which means “even so and indeed will observe, look upon, regard, pay attention to and consider my, the Psalmist's, want, affection, hope and expectancy” “on my enemies” or “upon my, the Psalmist's, hating foes and adversaries”. The Psalmist declared that he would observe the hope and expectation that he wanted to come upon his hating foes and adversaries.

The verse goes on to say,... and my ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me. The Psalmist continued with the words, “and my ears” or “and my physical ears, organ for hearing and receiver of divine revelation” “shall hear my desire” which means “will hearken to, obey, understand, discern and perceive my, the Psalmist's, want, affection, hope and expectancy” “of the wicked” or “pertaining to the people who are evil, displeasing, injurious and broken” “that rise up against me” which means “who stand, arise and are fixed in opposition to me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist said his physical ears would hearken to and perceive his hope and expectancy for the evil and injurious people who arise in opposition to him.

When meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist knew when Jehovah God contended with his hating foes, he would observe what he wanted to happen to these wicked people. God defends people who yield to His Son Jesus as their “Savior and Lord”, and because God sent Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, when we rely upon, trust in and cling to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and protect us against wicked people who align themselves in opposition to us.

Next time the Psalmist says, “the righteous shall flourish like the palm tree”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment