Wednesday, April 10, 2024

My Horn Exalted - Psalms 92:10

In Psalms ninety-two the Psalmist said, “for, lo, your enemies, O LORD, for, lo, your enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered”, and in chapter ninety-two and verse ten the Psalmist says, “my horn shall you exalt like the horn of a unicorn” where we read,

But my horn shall you exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

The verse begins, But my horn shall you exalt like the horn of an unicorn:” The Psalmist began with the words, “but my horn” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover my, the Psalmist's, power, might and ability” “shall you exalt” which means “will you, Jehovah God, exalt, make lofty and tall” “like the horn” or “similar to the power, might and ability” “of an unicorn” which means “belonging to a great auroch or wild bull which are now extinct or a wild ox”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God would make lofty and grand his power and might similar to the power within a wild ox.

The verse continues, I shall be anointed with fresh oil. The Psalmist added the words, “I shall be anointed” or “I, the Psalmist, will exist as mixed, mingled and given provender” “with fresh oil” which means “by the use of luxuriant and flourishing fatness of olive oil”. The Psalmist shared about Jehovah God pouring out flourishing olive oil upon him.

When consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist said Jehovah God lifted up his power and might like a wild ox, and He poured out flourishing olive oil upon Him. The power and strength of Jehovah God's Holy Spirit was to be upon the Psalmist, and God wants to have this type of a relationship with every person. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and pour out His Spirit upon us so we may live in the power and “anointing” of Almighty God.

Next time the Psalmist says, “My eye also shall see my desire on my enemies”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment