Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Because of Your Indignation and Wrath - Psalms 102:10

In Psalms one hundred and two the Psalmist said, “My enemies reproach me all the day; and they that are mad against me are sworn against me. For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping, ...”, and in chapter one hundred two and verse ten of Psalms the Psalmist said this was caused, “because of your indignation and your wrath” where we read,

Because of your indignation and your wrath: for you have lifted me up, and cast me down.

The verse begins, Because of your indignation and your wrath: The Psalmist began with the words, “because of your indignation” or “since and on account of your, Jehovah God's, anger, fury and rage” “and your wrath” which means “and your, Jehovah God's, foam and sore anger”. The Psalmist revealed that he believed Jehovah God's fury and anger was the cause of his great sorrow.

The verse goes on to say,for you have lifted me up, and cast me down. The Psalmist continued with the words, “for you have lifted me up” or “because, since and on account that you, Jehovah God, have bore up, sustained and exalted me, the Psalmist”, “and cast me down” which means “and threw, flung and hurled me, the Psalmist, in a downward direction”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God picked him up and threw him down.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover why the Psalmist was so troubled. He believed God was mad at him. He felt picked up and thrown down by God, and anyone experiencing this type of affliction would experience difficult habits in their eating and drinking. God, however, loves us, and His desire is to save us from our sins which separate us from Him. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to suffer and die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us help and comfort in our time of need.

Next time the Psalmist says, “my days are like a shadow that declines”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment