Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Hide Not Your Face from Me - Psalms 102:2

In Psalms one hundred and two the Psalmist said, “Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto you”, and in chapter one hundred two and verse two of Psalms the Psalmist said, “Hide not your face from me in the day when I am in trouble” where we read,

Hide not your face from me in the day when I am in trouble;

incline your ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

The verse begins, Hide not your face from me in the day when I am in trouble; The Psalmist began with the words, “hide not your face from me” or “do not conceal or keep hidden your, Jehovah God's, front and presence separate and apart from me, the Psalmist” “in the day” which means “within the season or period” “when I am in trouble” or “at the time and moment I, the Psalmist, exist in distress, in straits, opposed and confronting enemies”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God not to conceal His presence from him at the time he was distressed and confronting enemies.

The verse goes on to say,incline your ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily. The Psalmist continued with the words, “incline your ear unto me” or “turn, extend and stretch out your, Jehovah God's, organ for hearing, giving audience and revelation to me, the Psalmist”: “in the day” which means “in the season and period” “when I call” or “at the time and moment I, Jehovah God, summon, bewray and cry out” “answer me speedily” which means “respond and bear witness to me, the Psalmist, swiftly, hastily and in a hurry”. The Psalmist wanted Jehovah God not only to listen and pay attention to him, but also to respond to him in a hurry whenever he cried out to Him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist did not want Jehovah God to conceal His presence from him a the time of distress and facing enemies. He desired that God listen and pay attention to him, and when he cried out to Him, he wanted God to respond immediately. Most of us cry out to God and want Him to listen when we are in trouble, and we want quick answers to our prayers. God loves us and cares for us deeply, and He is aware of every affliction we encounter on a daily basis. He proved His love to us by sending His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and pay attention to us when we cry out to Him at the times we are in trouble.

Next time the Psalmist says, “my days are consumed like smoke”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment