Tuesday, April 30, 2024

My Enemies Reproach Me - Psalms 102:8

In Psalms one hundred and two the Psalmist said, “I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert. I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top”, and in chapter one hundred two and verse eight of Psalms the Psalmist said, “my enemies reproach me all the day” where we read,

My enemies reproach me all the day; and they that are mad against me are sworn against me.

The verse begins, My enemies reproach me all the day; The Psalmist began with the words, “My enemies” or “my, the Psalmist's, opposing and hating foes and adversaries” “reproach me” which means “taunt, blaspheme, defy, jeopardize, rail upon and upbraid me, the Psalmist” “all the day” or “throughout the entire sunrise to sunset”. The Psalmist said his hating foes taunted and blasphemed him throughout the entire “day”.

The verse goes on to say,and they that are mad against me are sworn against me. The Psalmist continued with the words, “and they that are mad against me” or “and they, the people who were as follows, who are boastful, act like a madman and a fool in opposition to me, the Psalmist” “are sworn against me” which means “exists as adjured, taken an oath and caused to swear in opposition to me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist said the people who were boastful and foolish in opposition to him also took an oath in resistance to him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we discover how the Psalmist shared that his hating foes were taunting and defying him throughout the day, and they were boasting and acting as a fool against him as well. We may be able to relate to him. When we encounter afflictions and troubles, sometimes people who are opposed to us bring us a deeper level of trouble by their taunting. They did the same to Jesus as He hung upon the cross to die for the sins of the world. God loves us, and when we receive His Son Jesus into our lives, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and stand with us even when others are boastfully taunting and blaspheming us in our difficulties and afflictions.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have eaten ashes like bread”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment