Tuesday, April 30, 2024

My Days Consumed Like Smoke - Psalms 102:3

In Psalms one hundred and two the Psalmist said, “Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto you. Hide not your face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline your ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily”, and in chapter one hundred two and verse three of Psalms the Psalmist said, “my days are consumed like smoke” where we read,

For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth.

The verse begins, For my days are consumed like smoke, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “for my days” or “because, since and on account that my, the Psalmist's, sunrises to sunsets and sunsets to sunrises” “are consumed” which means “exist as ended, finished, accomplished, spent, fainted and destroyed” “like smoke” or “similar to angry vapor or dust”. The Psalmist wanted Jehovah God to listen to his prayer and not hide His face from him because every day was spent and destroyed like an angry vapor.

The verse continues,... and my bones are burned as an hearth. The Psalmist added the words, “and my bones” or “and my, the Psalmist's, body limbs and substance” “are burned” which means “exists as hot, scorched and charred” “as an hearth” or “similar and in likeness to a conflagration or a burning mass”. The Psalmist said the “bones or limbs of his body” were like unto a scorched and charred “hearth” or burning mass in front of a fireplace.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn about the “days” and “bones” of the Psalmist. He felt like his sunrises to sunsets and sunsets to sunrises were spent like an angry vapor, and his “bones” were scorched within him. Sometimes our every move feels troubled, and this becomes a great time to cry out to God. God loves us, knows us and is aware of our difficulties and afflictions. He wants a personal, intimate relationship with us, and because sin separates us from Him, He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord” , He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and assure us that He will be with us to rescue and restore when our “days are consumed” and our “bones are burned”.

Next time the Psalmist says, “my heart is smitten, and withered like grass”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment