Sunday, April 7, 2024

God Setting His Love Upon Me - Psalms 91:14

In Psalms ninety-one the Psalmist said, “You shall tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shall you trample under feet”, and in chapter ninety-one and verse fourteen the Psalmist says, “because he has set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him” where we read,

Because he has set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him:

I will set him on high, because he has known my name.

The verse begins, Because he has set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: The Psalmist began with the words, “because he has set his love upon me” or “since and on account that he, the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High, has fixed, establish and put forth his delight, desire, attachment and longing on me, Jehovah God”, “therefore” which means “wherefore, thus, then and this being so” “will I deliver him” or “shall I, Jehovah God, rescue, save and liberate him, the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High”. The Psalmist said the result of the person who dwells in the secret place setting and fixing his delight and desire upon Jehovah God would be for God to rescue him and set him free.

The verse continues,I will set him on high, because he has known my name. The Psalmist added the words, “I will set him on high” or “I, Jehovah God, shall exalt, defend and make him, the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High, inaccessibly excellent”, “because he has known” which means “since and on account that he, the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High, has perceived, discerned, discriminated, recognized, acknowledged and confessed” “my name” or “my, Jehovah God's, fame, reputation and glory”. The Psalmist said He would exalt the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High because he has perceived, acknowledged and confessed Jehovah God's fame, reputation and glory.

When consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God would rescue and exalt the person who desired and was affectionate toward Him. God loves people to exalt His fame, reputation and glory because that gives them an advantage. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and rescue, save and exalt us according to His eternal purposes and plan.

Next time the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says, “He shall call upon me, and I will answer him”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment