Friday, April 5, 2024

My Refuge and My Fortress - Psalms 91:2

In Psalms ninety-one and verse one the Psalmist said, “He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty”, and in chapter ninety-one and verse two the Psalmist said, “I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress” where we read,

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

The verse begins, I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: The Psalmist began with the words, “I will say” or “I, the Psalmist, shall utter, declare and proclaim” “of the LORD” which means “pertaining to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God”, “He is my refuge” or “He, Jehovah God, exist as my, the Psalmist's, shelter from danger and falsehood” “and my fortress” which means “and my, the Psalmist's, stronghold, fastness and defense”. The Psalmist declared that Jehovah God existed as his shelter from danger and stronghold.

The verse continues, “in him will I trust. The Psalmist added the words, “in him” or “in him, Jehovah God” “will I trust” which means “shall I, the Psalmist's, have faith, confidence, security and safety”. The Psalmist proclaimed that he would put his faith and confidence within Jehovah God.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist openly declared how Jehovah God existed as his shelter from danger and falsehood, and he vowed to place his confidence and security within Him. God wants this type of relationship with every person, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross to prove it. When we put our faith and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to live in Heaven with Him throughout eternity.

Next time the Psalmist says, “Surely he shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment