Sunday, April 7, 2024

Satisfied with Long Life - Psalms 91:16

In Psalms ninety-one the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said about the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High, “Because he has set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he has known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him”, and in chapter ninety-one and verse sixteen of Psalms the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said, “with long life will I satisfy him” where we read,

With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.

The verse begins, With long life will I satisfy him, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “with long life” or “by the use of lengthy, forbearing and patient living” “will I satisfy him” which means “shall I, Jehovah God, fulfill, surfeit and enrich him, the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High”. The Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said He would fulfill the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High with lengthy living.

The verse continues,... and show him my salvation. The Psalmist added the words, “and show him” or “and make visible, seen and observed to him, the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High“my salvation” which means “my, Jehovah God's, rescue, liberation and deliverance”. The Psalmist said that Jehovah God would reveal His deliverance and liberation to the person who dwells in the secret place of the most High.

When think through the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist said Jehovah God would fulfill people who abide under the shadow of the Almighty by providing them with lengthy living and revealing His deliverance. God wants to provide for us, and He is willing to deliver anyone who will believe and trust in His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”. He sent Jesus into the world to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield ourselves to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and enrich us with eternal living and deliverance forever.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see the Psalmist say, It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment