Monday, December 25, 2023

Come and Hear - Psalms 66:16

In Psalms chapter sixty-six David said, “I will go into your house with burnt offerings: I will pay you my vows, which my lips have uttered, and my mouth has spoken, when I was in trouble. I will offer unto you burnt sacrifices of fatlings, with the incense of rams; I will offer bullocks with goats. Selah”, and in chapter sixty-six and verse sixteen of Psalms David said, “Come and hear, all you that fear God” where we read,

Come and hear, all you that fear God, and I will declare what he has done for my soul.

The verse begins, Come and hear, all you that fear God, ... David began with the words, “Come and hear” or “bring yourselves and listen, perceive, hearken and discern”, “all you that fear God” which means “each, every, the whole and everyone of you people whether male or female who are morally reverent, afraid and in awe of the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David instructed his readers and listeners who were in awe of Jehovah God to bring themselves and listen to his following words.

The verse goes on to say,... and I will declare what he has done for my soul. David continued with the words, “and I will declare” or “and I, David, shall number, reckon and rehearse” “what he has done” which means “that which he, Jehovah God, has performed, produced and made ready” “for my soul” or “on behalf of my, David's, inner man, heart, mind, appetite, living being and seat of emotions and passions”. David said he would rehearse and make known what Jehovah God performed for his inner man, heart and mind.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see David's invitation to his God fearing readers and listeners to bring themselves to him and to give audience to that which Jehovah God produced and made ready for his heart and mind. God gives us life, and He loves us. He made us eternal beings, and He desires to live with us forever. Our sins separate us from a personal relationship with Him, and because of this, He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross to pay the penalty for our errors and wrongs. Anyone who believes and trusts in Him as their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins, granted everlasting life and enjoy sharing with others the wonderful things He has done for them. Let Jehovah God and His Son Jesus be forever praised and honored for their acts and deeds performed on behalf of all mankind.

Next time David says, “I cried unto him with my mouth”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment