Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Crying Unto God - Psalms 66:17

In Psalms chapter sixty-six David said, “Come and hear, all you that fear God, and I will declare what he has done for my soul”, and in chapter sixty-six and verse seventeen of Psalms David said, “I cried unto him with my mouth” where we read,

I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.

The verse begins, I cried unto him with my mouth, ... David began with the words, “I cried unto him” or “I, David, called out, uttered a loud sound and shouted aloud to him, Jehovah God” “with my mouth” which means “by the use of my, David's, orifice in the face used for drinking, eating and speaking”. David said he shouted aloud unto Jehovah God with his “mouth”.

The verse continues,... and he was extolled with my tongue. David added the words, “and he was extolled” or “and he, Jehovah God, was exalted, praised and celebrated” “with my tongue” which means “by the use of the wedge in David's mouth used for language and speaking”. David said Jehovah God was celebrated and exalted with his “tongue”.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David used the physical faculties for speaking given to him by God to return praise, honor and glory to Him. David shouted aloud and celebrated Jehovah God because he knew what God did for him. God loves people, and He alone gave them life, breath and the ability to return praise and honor to Him. He provided His Son Jesus as an appeasing sacrifice for the sins of mankind when He died upon the cross, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and encourage us to use our voices to give praise and honor to Him for all eternity.

Next time David shares what happens, “if I regard iniquity in my heart”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment