Sunday, December 17, 2023

God has Been My Help - Psalms 63:7

In Psalms chapter sixty-three David said to Jehovah God, “My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise you with joyful lips: When I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the night watches”, and in chapter sixty-three and verse seven of Psalms David said, “you have been my help” where we read,

Because you have been my help, therefore in the shadow of your wings will I rejoice.

The verse begins, Because you have been my help, ... David began with the words, “because you” or “since and on account that you, Divine judge Jehovah God” “have been my help” which means “have existed as my, David's, succor, aid and assistant”. David referred to how Jehovah God gave him aid and assistance.

The verse continues,... therefore in the shadow of your wings will I rejoice. David added the words, therefore in the shadowor “then, wherefore and on this account within the shade and defense” “of your wings” which means “belonging to your, Jehovah God's, extremities, edges, border and overspreading” “will I rejoice” or “shall I, David, cry out, shout for joy and give a ringing song”. David said because the shelter of Jehovah God provided him aid and assistance he would cry aloud and give a ringing song unto Him.

When we mediate upon the words in this verse, we see how David appreciated the assistance of Jehovah God, and it caused him to break out in a joyful song for being under the protection and defense of His covering. God desires to have an intimate relationship with every person who will yield to His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”, and when we surrender to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life, give us assistance and protection throughout eternity. Let us cry out to Him with joy and celebrate His willingness to save and cover us with his “wings”.

Next time David says, “my soul follows hard after you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment