Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Regarding Iniquity and Unheard by God - Psalms 66:18

In Psalms chapter sixty-six David said of Jehovah God, “I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue”, and in chapter sixty-six and verse eighteen of Psalms David shared what happens, “if I regard iniquity in my heart” where we read,

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

The verse begins, If I regard iniquity in my heart, ... David began with the words, “if I regard iniquity” or “whether and in case I, David, perceive, see, have vision of, observe and discern wickedness, idols, unrighteousness, mischief and evil” “in my heart” which means “within my, David's, inner man, mind, will, understanding, soul, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory, inclination, resolution, determination and conscience”. David referred to the possibility of perceiving and observing wickedness and evil residing within his soul and mind.

The verse goes on to say,... the Lord will not hear me: David continued with the words, “the Lord” or “Adonay or the reverent Master” “will not hear me” which means “shall in no way or manner hearken, listen or pay attention to me, David”. David said the result of “regarding wickedness and evil” within his soul would be for the “reverent Master”, Jehovah God, not to listen or pay attention to him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn through David how perceiving “wickedness and evil” within his soul would have the effect of Jehovah God not listening to him. God created us and desires to listen to our prayers, however, should we have wickedness within us, it becomes an impediment to Him hearing our supplications. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for all the “iniquities” of mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, cleanse us within and grant us everlasting life with Him. (See John 3:16; 1 John 1:9) Let us open our “hearts” to “the Lord” and allow Him to expose any wickedness within us so we may repent and have Him hear our prayers.

Next time David says, “but verily God has heard me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment