Monday, December 25, 2023

Into God's House with Burnt Offerings - Psalms 66:13

In Psalms chapter sixty-six David said to Jehovah God, “You have caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but you brought us out into a wealthy place, and in chapter sixty-six and verse thirteen of Psalms David said, “I will go into your house with burnt offerings” where we read,

I will go into your house with burnt offerings: I will pay you my vows,

The verse begins, I will go into your house with burnt offerings: David began with the words, “I will go into your house” or “I, David, shall come in and enter your, Jehovah God's, dwelling place, shelter, abode and habitation” “with burnt offerings” which means “having accompanying whole burnt sacrifices”. David said he would enter Jehovah God's dwelling place with burnt sacrifices.

The verse continues,I will pay you my vows, David added the words, “I will pay you” or “I, David, shall make peace, complete, finish and recompense to you, Jehovah God” “my vows” which means “my, David's, votive offerings and promises”. David said he would complete his votive offerings and promises made to Jehovah God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David resolved to enter the abode of Jehovah God with accompanying burnt sacrifices in hand. He said he would fulfill his promises made to God as part of his going to the house of God. God loves to engage us in a personal relationship with Him, and He gave His only begotten Son Jesus to be the appeasing sacrifice for our sins so we may be forgiven and inherit eternal life with Him. (See 1 John 2:2; 4:10) When we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He acknowledges our receiving His promises to us, and we shall give Him praise, honor and glory for all eternity for coming to where we are.

Next time David refers to his vows, “which my lips have uttered”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment