Thursday, December 14, 2023

God Only is My Rock and Salvation - Psalms 62:6

In Psalms chapter sixty-two David said, “My soul, wait you only upon God; for my expectation is from him”, and in chapter sixty-two and verse six of Psalms David said, “He only is my rock and my salvation” where we read,

He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved.

The verse begins, He only is my rock and my salvation: David began with the words, “He only” or “He, the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God indeed, solely, surely and certainly” “is my rock” which means “exists as my, David's, block, boulder and precipitous edge” “and my salvation” or “ and my, David's, welfare, prosperity, deliverance and victory”. David said the Divine judge Jehovah God was indeed his sole “rock” or foundation.

The verse goes on to say,he is my defense; I shall not be moved. David continued with the words, he is my defenseor “he, the Divine judge Jehovah God, exists as my, David's, refuge, high place and retreat”; “I shall not be moved” which means “I, David, will in no way or manner be tottered, shaken, slipped or overthrown”. David said the Divine judge Jehovah God was his refuge and high place, and therefore he would in no way totter or be shaken.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David believed Jehovah God was his “solid foundation” and deliverer. He knew Jehovah to be his protector, and therefore he would in no way be shaken or overthrown. God wants a relationship like this with everyone through His Son Jesus. God sent Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be our protector and “defense” whereby we shall never totter or shake.

Next time David says, “In God is my salvation”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment