Tuesday, December 26, 2023

God has Not Turned Away My Prayer - Psalms 66:20

In Psalms chapter sixty-six David said, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me. But verily God has heard me; he has attended to the voice of my prayer”, and in chapter sixty-six and verse twenty of Psalms David said God, “has not turned away my prayer” where we read,

Blessed be God, which has not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

The verse begins, Blessed be God, which has not turned away my prayer, ... David began with the words, “Blessed be God” or “Praised, saluted and adored exists the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “which has not turned away” which means “who in no way has departed from, avoided and removed” “my prayer” or “my, David's, supplication, intercession and by implication a hymn”. David said the Divine judge Jehovah God was adored and praised because He did not avoid his oration of supplication and intercession.

The verse goes on to say,... nor his mercy from me. David continued with the words, “nor his mercy” or “not in any way his, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness” “from me” which means “apart and separate from me, David”. David said the Divine judge Jehovah God did not keep His goodness, kindness and faithfulness from him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David worshiped Jehovah God because He did not avoid His supplication and intercession nor did He keep His goodness and faithfulness from Him. God desires to listen to everyone's “prayers”, and His “mercy” is offered to all people. This is available through a personal intimate relationship with His Son Jesus whom He sent into the world to die for the sins of all mankind, and when we submit ourselves to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him. Let us worship and praise Jehovah God for listening to our “prayers” of repentance and extending His “mercy” toward us as we humble ourselves before Him.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say, “God be merciful unto us, and bless us”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment