Saturday, December 16, 2023

My Soul Shall Be Satisfied - Psalms 63:5

In Psalms chapter sixty-three David said, “O God, you are my God; early will I seek you: my soul thirsts for you, my flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is. To see your power and your glory, so as I have seen you in the sanctuary. Because your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise you. Thus will I bless you while I live: I will lift up my hands in your name”, and in chapter sixty-three and verse five of Psalms David said, “thus will I bless you while I live” where we read,

My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise you with joyful lips:

The verse begins, My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; David began with the words, “My soul” or “my, David's, inner man, heart, appetite, mind, living being, desires and seat of emotions and passions” “shall be satisfied” which means “will exist as sated, fulfilled, surfeited and enriched” “as with marrow” or “”like unto the choice, best, richest and abundant part” “and fatness” which means “and fertility, blessing and luxuriance”. David said his inner man, heart and mind would be fulfilled like unto the best, richest and most luxuriant parts of a feast.

The verse continues,and my mouth shall praise you with joyful lips: David added the words, and my mouthor “and my, David's, orifice in his face used for drinking, eating and speaking” “shall praise you” which means “will boast in, commend and celebrate you, Divine judge Jehovah God” “with joyful lips” or “alongside ringing, singing and triumphing prating, language and speech”. David said his “mouth” and “lips” would boast in and give honor to the Divine judge Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David declared that his inner man, mind and heart would be fulfilled like the choice and best part of a feast because of the “lovingkindness” of Jehovah God, and he would use his language and speech to give honor and glory to Him because of it. God loves to bless people with His “lovingkindness” or “grace”, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified for the sins of all mankind so He could pour out His “grace” upon them. When we submit to Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us an opportunity to give Him honor, praise and glory forever and ever.

Next time David says, “when I remember you upon my bed”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment