Sunday, December 17, 2023

Hear My Voice, O God in Prayer - Psalms 64:1

Psalms chapter sixty-four begins with the heading, “[[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.]]” which breaks down, “to the chief Musician” or “to the preeminent, overseeing superintendent or chief choir director” “a Psalm” which means “a poem or melody set to notes” “of David” or “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel”, and in chapter sixty-four and verse one of Psalms David said, “Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer” where we read,

Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

The verse begins, Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: David began with the words, “hear my voice” or “listen and hearken to my, David's, sound and noise”, “O God” which means “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “in my prayer” or “within my, David's, meditation, complaint, musing and communication”. David appealed to the Divine judge Jehovah God to listen to his uttered words of meditation and communication.

The verse goes on to say,preserve my life from fear of the enemy. David continued with the words, “preserve my life” or “guard, watch over and keep my, David's, living” “from fear” which means “separate and apart from the terror, dread and sudden alarm” “of the enemy” or “belonging to the hating foe or adversary”. David beckoned the Divine judge Jehovah God to guard and watch over him and the terror and sudden alarm of his hating adversaries.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David wanted Jehovah God to listen to his meditation and communication with Him, and he desired that God would guard and protect him from the terror of people who hated him. God desires to be the provider and protector of every person, and He sent His Son Jesus to be crucified for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and “preserved” from any onslaughts of our hating foes who desire to destroy us.

Next time David says, “Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment