Sunday, December 17, 2023

Remembering God Upon My Bed - Psalms 63:6

In Psalms chapter sixty-three David said to Jehovah God, “My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise you with joyful lips:”, and in chapter sixty-three and verse six of Psalms David said, “when I remember you upon my bed” where we read,

When I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the night watches.

The verse begins, When I remember you upon my bed, ... David began with the words, “When I remember you” or “at the time and moment I, David, recall and call to mind you, Divine judge Jehovah God” “upon my bed” which means “on my, David's, chamber or couch”. David referred to the time that he would call to mind Jehovah God the Divine judge as he lay on his “bed”.

The verse goes on to say,... and meditate on you in the night watches. David continued with the words, and meditate on youor “and muse, utter in pleasure and ponder you, Divine judge Jehovah God” “in the night watches” which means “within the nighttime”. David said he pondered and mused upon Jehovah God throughout the nighttime.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David praised Jehovah God as he thought upon Him during the nighttime. At night, the world seems quieter, and there is an opportunity to focus our thoughts upon the wonder and beauty of Jehovah God, and praise and appreciation for Him seems easier then. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so we may have a personal relationship with Him. When we submit to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and provide opportunity after opportunity and night after night to think upon Him. Let Jehovah God and Jesus Christ His Son be praised for all eternity for their provision to us in the nighttime hours.

Next time David shares how he responds, “because you have been my help”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment