Saturday, December 16, 2023

Blessing God Will I Live - Psalms 63:4

In Psalms chapter sixty-three David said, “O God, you are my God; early will I seek you: my soul thirsts for you, my flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is. To see your power and your glory, so as I have seen you in the sanctuary. Because your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise you”, and in chapter sixty-three and verse four of Psalms David said, “thus will I bless you while I live” where we read,

Thus will I bless you while I live: I will lift up my hands in your name.

The verse begins, Thus will I bless you while I live: David began with the words, “Thus will I bless you” or “therefore, then, wherefore and on this account shall I, David, praise, salute and thank you, Divine judge Jehovah God” “while I live” which means “during the time that I, David, am alive and active”. David said because of God extending His “lovingkindness” to Him, he would praise and thank Him while he was alive.

The verse goes on to say,I will lift up my hands in your name. David continued with the words, I will lift up my handsor “I, David, shall elevate and raise my, David's, physical hands” “in your name” which means “within your, Divine judge Jehovah God's, reputation, fame and glory”. David said he would raise his physical hands within the reputation, fame and glory of Jehovah God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David began to praise, thank and raise his hands to honor Jehovah God because of His “lovingkindness”. God wants us to use our voices and hands which He has provided to thank, honor, celebrate and praise Him. God's “lovingkindness” or “grace” is offered to every person, and when we yield our lives to His Son Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to give praise, honor and glory to Him forever.

Next time David says, “my soul shall be satisfied”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment