Wednesday, December 13, 2023

My Rock and My Salvation - Psalms 62:2

In Psalms chapter sixty-two David said, “Truly my soul waits upon God: from him comes my salvation”, and in chapter sixty-two and verse two of Psalms David said, “He only is my rock and my salvation” where we read,

He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

The verse begins, He only is my rock and my salvation; David began with the words, “He only is my rock” or “He, the Divine judge Jehovah God, alone and solely exists as my, David's, stone, boulder and precipitous foundation” “and my salvation” which means “and my, David's, liberation, deliverance and health and welfare”. David said Jehovah God alone was his precipitous foundation and deliverance.

The verse goes on to say,he is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved. David continued with the words, he is my defenseor “he, Jehovah God, exists as my, David's, high place, refuge, secure height, retreat and stronghold”; “I shall not” which means “I, David, will in no way or manner” “be greatly moved” or “be abundantly, exceedingly and increasingly tottered, shaken, slipped and overthrown”. David said Jehovah God was his protector and security, and therefore he would not exceedingly totter, shake or be overthrown.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David declared Jehovah God to be his “only” foundation, deliverer and protector, and therefore He would not be overthrown or shaken. God wants to be our security through a personal relationship with His Son Jesus whom He sent into the world to die for the sins of mankind. When Jesus was born the angels declared, “peace on earth, good will toward men” (See Luke 2:14), and anyone who surrenders their life to Him will not only be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life, but will also gain Him as their “foundation, deliverer and protector” in which they shall never “be greatly moved”.

Next time David asks, “How long will ye imagine mischief against a man?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment