Sunday, December 17, 2023

My Soul Follows after You - Psalms 63:8

In Psalms chapter sixty-three David said to Jehovah God, “My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise you with joyful lips: When I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the night watches. Because you have been my help, therefore in the shadow of your wings will I rejoice”, and in chapter sixty-three and verse eight of Psalms David said, “my soul follows hard after you” where we read,

My soul follows hard after you: your right hand upholds me.

The verse begins, My soul follows hard after you: David began with the words, “my soul” or “my, David's, inner man, mind, will, heart, appetite, living being, desires and seat of emotions and passions” “follows hard after you” which means “sticks closely, cleaves and joins to you, Divine judge Jehovah God”. David said his inner man, heart, mind and will sticks and cleaves closely to Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say,your right hand upholds me. David continued with the words, your right handor “your, Divine judge Jehovah God's, right hand of power, might and authority” “upholds me” which means “lays hold of, attains, seizes and supports me, David”. David said Jehovah God's right hand of authority supported and sustained him.

When we mediate upon the words in this verse, we see how everything within David stuck closely to Jehovah God, and he realized it was God's power and might that sustained him. David needed God, and God was willing to have a personal relationship with him. God desires to have an intimate relationship with all of us, and He sent His Son Jesus to be crucified on the cross for our sins so when we put our faith and trust in Him, we will be forgiven and live with Him forever. Let us emulate the example of David and cleave to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus and enjoy their support and sustenance throughout eternity.

Next time David tells what happens to, “those that seek my soul, to destroy it”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment