Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Singing Praise Forever - Psalms 61:8

In Psalms chapter sixty-one David said of Jehovah God, “You will prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations. He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him”, and in chapter sixty-one and verse eight of Psalms David said, “So will I sing praise unto your name for ever” where we read,

So will I sing praise unto your name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.

The verse begins, So will I sing praise unto your name for ever, ... David began with the words, “So will I sing praise” or “therefore, then, wherefore and on this account shall I, David, make music of thanksgiving, worship and adoration with my voice” “unto your name” which means “toward your, Jehovah God's, fame, reputation and glory” “for ever” or “unto perpetuity, continuous existence and everlasting”. David concluded that he would make music with his voice and offer up worship and adoration to Jehovah God's fame, reputation and glory eternally.

The verse goes on to say,... that I may daily perform my vows. David continued with the words, that I may dailyor “so I, David, might within every sunrise to sunset” “perform my vows” which means “my, David's, complete, finished, sound and uninjured votive offerings and promises”. David said he would “sing praise” unto the name of Jehovah God “forever” so he could keep and complete his promises each and every day.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David tied his worship of God in song to keeping his commitments. David wanted to “perform” his “vows”, and when he put Jehovah God as the priority in His life through worship, he was more inclined to keep them. God knows us, and He loves us. Jesus said, “seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33), and when we surrender our lives to Him, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and have a song in our hearts to give “praise” and honor to Him forever and ever.

Next time David says, “Truly my soul waits upon God”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment