Tuesday, December 26, 2023

God has Heard Me - Psalms 66:19

In Psalms chapter sixty-six David said, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me, and in chapter sixty-six and verse nineteen of Psalms David said, “but verily God has heard me” where we read,

But verily God has heard me; he has attended to the voice of my prayer.

The verse begins, But verily God has heard me; David began with the words, “But verily” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover truly, surely and indeed” “God has heard me” which means “the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God has hearkened, perceived and listened to me, David”. David declared that the “Divine judge Jehovah God” has listened to him.

The verse continues,he has attended to the voice of my prayer. David added the words, “he has attended” or “he, the Divine judge Jehovah God, has been attentive to, inclined and paid attention” “to the voice” which means “toward the noise, sound and proclamation” “of my prayer” or “pertaining to my, David's, intercession, supplication and by implication a hymn”. David said Jehovah God was attentive and paid attention to his supplication and intercession to Him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David declared that Jehovah God paid attention to his prayers in contrast to if he “regarded iniquity” within his “heart”. God truly desires to pay attention to our prayers, and because David had a personal relationship with God, God would not only expose the iniquities within his heart, but He would also forgive David when he repented. God knew sin lies within the souls of every person, so He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross to pay the penalty of death for them. (See Romans 3:23, 6:23) When we believe and trust in Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive us, cleanse us from our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him. If we want God to hear our prayers, let us humble ourselves, repent of our sins and allow Him to cleanse us from all wickedness and evil within our hearts.

Next time David says, “blessed be God, which has not turned away my prayer”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment