Thursday, December 14, 2023

God is My Salvation and My Glory - Psalms 62:7

In Psalms chapter sixty-two David said, “He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved”, and in chapter sixty-two and verse seven of Psalms David said, “In God is my salvation” where we read,

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

The verse begins, In God is my salvation and my glory: David began with the words, “In God” or “in the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God Jehovah” “is my salvation” which means “exists my, David's, liberation, deliverance, safety, welfare, prosperity and victory” “and my glory” or “and my, David's, honor, abundance, splendor, dignity and reputation”. David said the Divine judge Jehovah God was his liberation, deliverance, splendor and honor.

The verse continues,the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. David added the words, the rockor “the block of stone, boulder and strong foundation” “of my strength” which means “pertaining to my, David's, power, might and boldness materially, physically, socially and politically”, “and my refuge” or “and my, David's, shelter, hope and trust”, “is in God” which means “exists within the Divine judge Jehovah God”. David said Jehovah God was his “strong foundation, shelter and hope”.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David relied upon Jehovah God to be his means of deliverance and safety. David made Jehovah God to be first in his life, and he knew the principle Jesus shared when He said, “But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (See Matthew 6:33) God desires to be the deliverer, liberator, honor, foundation and shelter for every person, and this is why He sent Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and become our firm foundation and place of safety for all eternity.

Next time David says, “Trust in him at all times”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment