Thursday, March 21, 2024

A Covenant with God's Chosen - Psalms 89:3

In Psalms eighty nine the Psalmist Ethan said, “I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known your faithfulness to all generations. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: your faithfulness shall you establish in the very heavens”, and in chapter eighty nine and verse three of Psalms Ethan shares how Jehovah God said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen” where we read,

I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

The verse begins, I have made a covenant with my chosen, ... Ethan began with the words, “I have made” or “I, Jehovah God, have fashioned, hewn and brought forth” “a covenant” which means “an alliance, pledge, league and treaty” “with my chosen” or “alongside my, Jehovah God's, selected and elected one”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God responded to his words by recalling the pledge and alliance He made with His elected one.

The verse goes on to say,... I have sworn unto David my servant, Ethan continued with the words, “I have sworn” or “I, Jehovah God, have adjured and taken an oath” “unto David” which means “to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel” “my servant” or “my, Jehovah God's, man of servile condition, bondman and worshiper”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God gave an oath to “David” who served Him as the second king of Israel.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how Ethan the Psalmist recalled Jehovah God's promise and pledge to King David as He made an alliance with His elect. God loves the people of Israel, and when David was King of Israel, He made a promise to him concerning his people. (See 2 Samuel 7:10-16) The Messiah Jesus was to come through the lineage of David, and thereby, all the world would know the salvation of Jehovah God. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him. Let us give honor, glory and praise to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for the “covenant” made with the “chosen one” through whom all the world may be saved.

Next time Ethan the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says, “your seed will I establish for ever”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment