Sunday, March 17, 2024

Turn to Me and Have Mercy - Psalms 86:16

In Psalms chapter eighty six David said, “O God, the proud are risen against me, and the assemblies of violent men have sought after my soul; and have not set you before them. But you, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth”, and in chapter eighty six and verse sixteen of Psalms David said, “O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me” where we read,

O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me;

give your strength unto your servant, and save the son of your handmaid.

The verse begins, O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; David began with the words, “O turn unto me” or “O regard, prepare and look toward me, David”, “and have mercy upon me” which means “and be gracious, show favor and pity on me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God to look toward him and be gracious and show favor to him.

The verse continues,give your strength unto your servant, and save the son of your handmaid. David added the words, “give your strength” or “grant, bestow and provide your, Jehovah God's, power, might and ability”, “unto your servant” which means “to your, Jehovah God's, subject, bondman and worshiper”, “and save the son” or “and deliver, give victory to and rescue the male offspring and prodigy” “of your handmaid” which means “belonging to your, Jehovah God's, maid-servant or female slave”. David beckoned Jehovah God to provide His power and might to His men of servile condition and the male offspring of His female servant.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David wanted Jehovah God to pay attention to him and pour out His favor and grace upon him. He desired the power and might of Jehovah God as his man of servile work, and he knew he needed God to rescue his male offspring. We all need God to “turn” to us, have “mercy” upon us, and to receive God's “strength” and “salvation”, and God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins so we could receive all of them. God loves us, and when we believe and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and extend to us everything we need in our daily lives and especially when we are in trouble.

Next time David says, O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment