Wednesday, March 27, 2024

God's Faithfulness and Mercy - Psalms 89:24

In Psalms eighty nine Ethan the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said of David, “the enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him. And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him”, and in chapter eighty nine and verse twenty-four of Psalms Ethan shared how Jehovah God said of David, “my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him” where we read,

But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

The verse begins, But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: Ethan began with the words, “but my faithfulness” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover my, Jehovah God's, firmness, truth and stability” “and my mercy” which means “and my, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness” “shall be with him” or “will exist alongside and beside him, David”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God said his “truth and goodness” would exist with David.

The verse goes on to say,and in my name shall his horn be exalted. Ethan continued with the words, “and in my name” or “and within my, Jehovah God's, fame, reputation and glory” “shall his horn” which means “will his, David's, strength and power” “be exalted” or “exist as lifted up, lofty and set on high”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God said David's power and strength would be lifted up and set on high.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how Ethan shared the way Jehovah God said He would accompany David with His truth, stability, strength and power according to His fame, reputation and glory. In other words, God would provide David with everything He needed. God wants to be in a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins, and when we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and supply our needs according to His riches in glory. (See Philippians 4:19)

Next time Ethan the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says of David, “I will set his hand also in the sea”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment